Sunday, December 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Scott gets off easy this week- Simple reheating- With all the snow they're forecasting for this weekend, I thought I had better be nice to him this week!



Sunday: Company's coming! Greek Roast chicken (I was inspired by this recipe- I used ground oregano, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper to season the chicken. Pan fried to brown the skin and placed in the oven to finish cooking. I made a pan sauce with white wine to deglaze the pan, chicken stock, a squeeze of lemon and a pat of butter. YUM! I will try the original recipe someday- put I needed to cook a lot of chicken and it wouldn't have fit in the pan! Much easier for company to toss on a sheet tray and finish in the oven!), fingerling potatoes, glazed carrots, bread/rolls


Monday: Leftovers


Tuesday: Sesame Chicken with Jack Daniels dipping sauce, Sweet potato fries, green beans


Wednesday: Scott Cooks. Black Bean Tacos (already ready), Pineapple


Thursday: Scott Cooks. Lasagna (already in the freezer!), breadsticks, salad


Friday: Pizza Pasta, salad


Saturday: Chili

I also have to include this recipe for Saffron Risotto with Butternut Squash. I was planning on making it this week, but ended up making it on Saturday last week. I forgot to buy the shallot when I was out at the store, so I did a fine dice on a red onion and added two cloves of garlic instead. I also stirred in a couple of tablespoons of marscapone cheese at the end. I adore risotto but this recipe is definitely a keeper as Scott loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment