Sunday, March 11, 2012

menu plan monday

I got an email this week from Jeff and Sally (our CSA farmers)- after last summer's eventful trip to the ER for Scott, I found out that the over-abundance of certain vegetables could have been a contributing factor. Since the certain vegies were a big part of our CSA, we made a decision, therefore, to not sign up again this year and see if we can avoid further complications. I am going to try to grow some additional things myself (last year, I did some cherry tomatoes, leaf lettuce, jalapenos and green peppers, and of course the herbs- this year, I am thinking I will try to add some peas, green beans and  maybe 1 okra plant for me- if I can keep the rabbits away....101 market typically has great romas for making spaghetti sauce and salsa, zucchini and of course corn)

sunday: sweet and sour chicken, rice, egg rolls
monday: breakfast for dinner: eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, fruit
tuesday: chicken, chorizo and tortilla soup (though I am using leftover turkey from the freezer)
wednesday: scott cooks. Bean and chorizo burritos (with some vegies added), fruit, salad
thursday: scott cooks. swedish meatballs, rice, green beans
friday: pizza night for the kids / Dinner out for adults
saturday: TBD-

No comments:

Post a Comment