Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bunch o' Banana Muffins to share!

Sometimes I feel like I live with a bunch of chimps.... At least they act like it quite a bit... but the chimps were not going for the bananas this week and I am stuck with a bunch of brown fruit to use! So what is a Mama Monkey to do on her day off but make a HUGE batch of muffins! I usually give some to my FIL for his breakfast (even with the butter in them they are definitely healthier than the ones he likes to pick up at the gas station). As the freezer is full, I will need to disperse the others to neighbors, family and friends.

Best Ever Banana Bread/Muffins
(from the Zion Lutheran Church cookbook- a 14 yr old wedding present that I still love to use)
3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used a mix of white and brown)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
4-6 large mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup buttermilk

Preheat over to 325 degrees. Grease and flour large bread pan (if using) or put muffin liners in pan. Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and bananas. Combine flour, soda and salt. Stir in alternately with buttermilk. Pour into pan or divide into muffin tins. Makes 18 muffins or one large loaf. Bake for 1 1/2 hours for bread, 25-30 minutes for muffins. For bread, wrap in foil and let rest overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment