Sunday, May 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

It was fun last week to incorporate the products from our CSA box and the Risotto was so creamy delicious.... ummmm.... We ended up with lots of leftovers from Sunday so the quesadillas got pushed aside for leftover night and I added to this week.The CSA should be mostly the same stuff this week except we might also be getting some spinach and possibly radishes. I have never really been a radish fan. I remember my grandpa eating them raw with salt as an appetizer before dinner when I would visit as a kid. I think I will probably have everyone try one (half) raw with salt this week, but I found a recipe for grilled sliced radishes (in foil) with butter and garlic that I might try. Usually, I can get anyone in the family to eat something if it has enough garlic.



Sunday: Steak, baked potatoes, salad

Monday: Quesadillas with CSA green onions and peppers, grapes

Tuesday: Asian Pork and Shrimp Meatballs with Spicy dipping sauce, rice and CSA asparagus (a Rachael Ray recipe)

Wednesday: I'm Gone at a meeting. Scott and the boys are ordering pizza.

Thursday: Scott cooks. Using up leftover turkey from freezer. It will either be a Thai Turkey Noodle Soup or a SW Turkey casserole (his choice, they'll use similar ingredients- poblanoes, onions, carrots, cilantro, lime, a little different spices) I will also be incorporating more of the CSA green onions.


Friday: Scott gone. BFD with more of those farm fresh eggs, maybe omelets with CSA spinach.


Saturday: Pulled pork, mashed potatoes, watermelon and grilled radishes if available (otherwise green beans).

I also have some leftover cherries that Scott didn't finish from last week that I need to make a sauce/crumble from. Thankfully there's still some vanilla ice cream in the freezer to add to this treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment