Sunday, May 15, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Sunday: Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry-Chipotle BBQ sauce (I'm making this up with a few frozen raspberries and chipotle peppers in adobo from the freezer added to some store bought BBQ sauce. I am also making cocktail meatballs for the shower at the bride's request. Depending on how this raspberry-chipotle sauce turns out, I may modify them to be more like that versus my normal sauce), sweet potato wedges, carrots

Monday: Track meet until 6. Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs, Sausage, toast, berries (with test mojitos for Scott and myself)

Tuesday: Chorizo and Quinoa stuffed peppers, (the original recipe didn't call for chorizo, but I so love that stuff!) Chips and Chorizo con Queso dip (the dip is a test recipe for my sister's shower)

Wednesday: Scott gets out of cooking! Another track meet, and it's our anniversary! I think the kids are getting pizza after track and we are going out for a nice, quiet date night!

Thursday: Scott cooks. Crab Pasta, breadsticks and salad

Friday: Lemon chicken, rice, green beans

Saturday: My sister's shower: I will bring leftovers home for dinner.


I also have the following recipes lined up as shower possibilities:

Beer bread Already tested: Just as good as the expensive pre mixed box!

Cocktail Jello Squares Already tested: I actually used a sugar free blackberry jello with 1 cup hot water and 1 cup sangria/orange liqueur- a little stronger than I would have liked- it brought me back to my college days! I am thinking I will try it one more time with regular gelatin and kahlua... I don't think I will end up serving it at the shower, but it may show up at a BBQ this summer!

White Cheddar puffs with green onions or Onion-cheese puffs We'll see in a head to head matchup which one wins the honor of being at the shower!

Strawberry truffles If I can find the freeze dried strawberries

Cookies and cream cheesecake bars I don't even think I need to test this one- how can it be bad- cream cheese and oreos?

Strawberry Mojito I bought a bottle of strawberry rum for this- I only wish my mint plant was bigger!

Spinach-Artichoke dip Sister's request.... I've never made it but I don't think it will be too difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment